Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.
--Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), 26th President of the United States
What is it about?
The Hunt for My Smile
is a collection of individual stories and personal journeys
of how we found our smiles again after facial palsy stole it away.
This book will
raise awareness, give hope, and inspire
everyone who reads it.
What's in it for you?
Being a part of the book collaboration
The Hunt for My Smile
will give you the opportunity to:
You will be able to say that you helped bring the facts and
emotional recovery from Facial Palsy to others from
the perspective of someone living it.
Service and Giving Back!
Give hope and confidence to others that they will survive
and find a new normal. Be a part of the movement to help
others regain some control of what they lost
when facial palsy struck and stole their smile away.
you will gain a community of people who walk this path
of writing your stories and know that we all
understand the unspoken words.
Writing is a well-known way for people to release the hurt,
sorrow, and sadness that comes from trauma.
Heal through your writing to help someone else in the future.
You will be able to call yourself a published author and
this is a great way to dip your toes into the writing world
before you write your own book.
Also included to enrich your experience:
- a Facebook page for authors where you will receive support,
encouragement, and help when writing your story,
- a writer's mindset session with a certified practitioner to help
you discover the words for your story, a copy of the book,
- you keep all rights to your chapter and reuse how you wish
(maybe write your own book),
- opportunities to share more about yourself in an author interview,
- and the ease and peace of mind knowing all you do is write
your story and it is published for a community of people to read.
Why publish a book
about facial palsy?
- A desire for people to say that they feel seen and heard because
of this opportunity to share with the world their unbelievable
story of tragedy and triumph.
- A desire for people to believe in the power of healing through
the courage to share their stories, and that their
sharing can help others to heal.
- A desire for people to be inspired to do more and
be more for themselves and for others.
~ I look forward to you joining me in raising awareness
about facial palsy and inspiring hope and healing in others.~